Position: Scientist/Senior Scientist
Function: Conjugation biology
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is in discovery biology and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. The candidate should have strong hands-on experience in protein chemistry and associated purification and analytical skills. Some general knowledge in chemistry is preferred.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
- Develop and optimize small molecule and antibody conjugation methods
- Develop and optimize purification and analytical methods to produce antibody conjugates with high purity and activity
- Direct assistant/associate scientists
- Coordinate external studies and activities
- Prepare and implement tech transfer to external collaborators
- Ph.D. degree in protein biochemistry or related field is required
- Prior experience with protein purification is required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must be a good team player