Position: Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist
Function: Process Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is in the process development area and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. He or she should have basic training and knowledge in the expression and purification of monoclonal antibodies and other biological molecules. The candidate should have strong hands-on experience in protein purification, including CEX and AEX FPLC chromatography, and protein analysis using SEC, HIC, RP and CEX HPLC methods.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
- Develop and optimize novel protein purification methods
- Develop and optimize HPLC analytical methods
- Direct assistant/associate scientists in performing protein purification and analytics
- Trouble shoot protein purification process
- Coordinate external studies and activities in process development
- Compile batch records
- Ph.D. degree in protein biochemistry or related field is required
- At least 2-year hands-on experience with protein purification using AKTA-FPLC
- At least 2-year hands-on experience with protein analytics using HPLC
- Prior experience with antibody purification is required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must be a good team player