Position: Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist
Function: Cell Line Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is in cell line development area and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. The candidate should have strong hands-on experience in stable cell pool generation, single clone selection, cell line stability and cell banking. Prior industrial experience is required.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
- Generation of stable cell pools using CHO cells to achieve high antibody expression
- Single clone selection with proof of clonality
- Screen for cell lines with stable antibody expression and quality
- Development and optimization of upstream cell culture process
- Work closely with downstream process team to achieve milestones
- Direct assistant/associate scientists in cell line development
- Coordinate external studies and activities in cell line and upstream process development
- Compile batch records
- Ph.D. or master’s degree is required
- At least 2-year hands-on experience with CHO cell line development
- Prior experience with bioreactor is a plus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must be a good team player