Position: Research Investigator/Preclinical Team Leader
Function: Discovery Research
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is in the Preclinical Development area and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. He or she should have basic training and knowledge in preclinical development of biologics for oncology indication.
• The individual is responsible for leading preclinical stage project teams and in the meantime, directing research associates or external CROs in biomarker discovery and in vivo pharmacology to support project advancement.
• The candidate should have scientific experience of leading project teams in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry and demonstrated successful record in advancing projects from preclinical development to IND filing. Experience in working cross-functional project teams and track record of successful IND filings are preferred.
• Leadership skills in managing internal and/or external research activities are required. This person is expected to act as project champion of preclinical projects and to be responsible for developing project-specific strategies and leading teams to execute key activities.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
1. Lead cross-functional teams and provide scientific leadership to advance preclinical projects to IND stage.
2. Design project strategies for preclinical stage projects for advancement.
3. Manage and provide technical guidance to a team of scientists in biomarker discovery and in vivo pharmacology.
4. Coordinate with consultants and CROs/CMOs as needed.
5. Ensure timely delivery of milestones with high quality data.
1. PhD degree in a field of biological science. 6-8 years of independent research experience (postdoctoral training counts up to 2 years of research experience) with demonstrated productivity in related fields. Established expertise in subject areas.
2. Strong management and communication skills.
3. Demonstrated successful records in pharma and biotech industry.