Position: Finance and HR Manager
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is for an individual with finance and/or operational experience in a science or technology setting (biotech company experience is preferred but not required).
• This person should have experience in accounting and be able to perform tasks in finance function, including managing the company’s accounts and coordinating with external accounting firms.
• This person is expected to be familiar with human resource (HR) management tasks.
• Responsibilities include financial book keeping, monitoring accounts, reviewing financial reports, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts. This person will also help with managing HR activities including staffing, compensation, benefits, safety, and performance as well as training and employee relations.
• Other responsibilities include supporting the company’s other operational needs.
The candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude in working with scientific staff and managers.
• Must be well organized and a good communicator.
• Good computer skills (finance software, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
• Be able to perform basic duties in finance function.
• Pay attention to details and can multi-task.
• Be proactive with reliability and punctuality.
• Strong work ethic.
• College education is required.
• Demonstrated experience in a role in finance function.
• Must be a team player and well organized.