Position: Director of Business Development
Function: Business Operations
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is in the Business Development (BD) area and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. He or she should be familiar with drug discovery and development and general concepts and goals in oncology and metabolic therapeutic areas.
• The individual is responsible for setting business development strategies and carry out in-licensing and out-licensing activities. This individual will reach out to biotech and pharma companies and academic institutions, identify opportunities for potential collaborations and facilitate the process for deal-making.
• The candidate should fully understand the internal programs and strategies and be able to clearly communicate scientific matters and business goals.
• The candidate should have some scientific experience and extensive business development experience in biotech or pharma companies. Skills in scouting for BD opportunities, making connections with potential business partners and proposing deal structures are required.
• Leadership skills in managing internal and/or external relationships are required. This person is expected to act as a champion for extending business collaborations on behalf of the company and to be responsible for developing project-specific collaborations.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with a group of internal scientific staff as well as external consultants. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
1. A BS degree in a field of biological science or related fields with 6-8 years of BD experience and demonstrated productivity in licensing activities.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Demonstrated successful records in pharma and biotech industry.